My First Marathon

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Back indoors

It was snowing and 30 degrees outside today, so another outdoor run was out of the question. So it was back to the rec center and the treadmill. After a five minute walk, I ran for 30 minutes straight, doing just over 3.1 miles. Stayed at the same pace until the last 100 seconds, when I increased it by one mph to finish strong. I then walked on the treadmill for another five minutes, and then walked around the hall for about ten. It was pretty warm in there, so I was feeling pretty thirsty. So the official training program starts in a little over a month, and I'm already at the "able to run for 30 minutes straight" level, so hopefully I can get some good runs in between now and then so those first couple weeks of the official training program go pretty easy, and maybe I can have my pace up a little bit by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home