My First Marathon

Sunday, June 05, 2005

too hot to run

A few minutes into my run today, I found that it was indeed too hot to run. However, I still did manage to get through 2 miles without stopping. But unlike walking the additional mile and then going back, I went back from that 2 mile point. I did a bit of running on the way back, but it was so hot I mostly wanted to linger in the shade of the occasional tree. When I got back to my car and started it up, the thermometer read 96 degrees. I just checked the Weather Channel site and it's showing 96 degrees too! I now have one week to go before I'm to start my official training regimen, and I'm not back up to the 30 minutes of running that it uses as a starting point. Hopefully I can motivate myself to get a few more runs in this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home