My First Marathon

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Week #10 - Day 2

I had my first of five straight weeks of 8-mile mid-week runs today, and it wasn't much fun. There was the threat of rain, so I ventured off with my old wrist-watch as my stopwatch instead of the heart rate monitor, so I was left on my own for figuring out whether or not I was going too fast. Apparently I was as I finished my first mile in 8:24 and trailed off from there and got more and more exhausted as I ran.

I managed to finish in the respectable time of 72:32 (9:04 mile pace), though that is less than a minute faster than I ran the same distance six weeks ago. I think it's time to do some more research and try to figure out some strategies for breaking through this barrier and get back on the improvement track. I don't expect my long runs to get faster each week, but it would be nice to see the shorter runs improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home