My First Marathon

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Week #9 - Day 2

Another so-so run this evening. It was much cooler than yesterday thanks to an afternoon thunderstorm, but it was still humid. Physically I did not feel too bad except for getting out of breath. I managed to finish the 7 mile run in 1:03:46 (9:06.5 mile pace), but much of that was thanks to a hard push for most of the last mile, particularly at the end where my heart rate reached 98%.
Next run, a 4 miler, is either going to be tomorrow or Friday. It's pretty odd how I was so uncertain of things because of my knee pain, yet my big concern now is my breathing. I can't understand how I am suddenly getting winded much sooner when I'm running a slower pace than before. I have gone south on the towpath the past two runs, but there really are not any noticeable inclines, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'll probably do my next run going north just to see if that makes any difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home