My First Marathon

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Week #7 - Day 2 & 3 (sort of)

Well, unfortunately this is going to be the week of my first missed run. I left Ohio this past Wednesday morning to help my brother who is moving to St.Louis. We stayed at a hotel on Wednesday night and I was able to get ahold of a nice treadmill and complete my scheduled 6 mile run. I did it in 53:48 (8:58 mile pace) and smashed my previous record of 3 miles of running on a treadmill. I didn't think I could do it, but luckily I had the little workout room all to myself and some baseball on the TV.

But Thursday night I was out late, and we checked out of the hotel Friday morning and I spent that night at my brother's apartment. I fly back to Ohio in a few hours, and I plan to wake up early on Sunday and get in my next scheduled long run of 12 miles. Hopefully this is the last time I have my schedule thrown off like this, but I guess it's not the end of the world. In the long run, I'm sure it won't make any difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home