My First Marathon

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Week #5 - Day 2

Today was my best run to date. I felt good when I started, never encountered any back pain, and never really got wore out. It was also the first time I ran in the rain. When I got to the park and started stretching, I noticed it was getting dark towards the south. So, I started running north. After the first mile (which I finished in about 8:11), it started rain. The rain gradually increased and came close to downpour level at one point, before tapering off. It was nice to get relief from the sun, and the rain was nice and cool, but eventually my shirt got completely soaked and felt like I was wearing a heavy vest.

I finshed the 5-miler in 42:39 (8:32 mile pace). That is 21 seconds better than my pace from last week's 5-miler, which I am very happy with. I'm not sure why I felt so good running today. It might have been the pasta lunch I had, or the cool weather, or just the extra day off yesterday. Whatever it was, I hope it continues. My last 3-miler is tomorrow, and my first 10-miler is Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home