My First Marathon

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Week #3 - Day 4

Today was this week's long run, and is the first time I did not completely finish the scheduled distance. The book called for a 7 mile run today, but I managed to complete about 6.3 miles. There are two reasons for the shortfall: 1) I was really pressed for time since I had plans that I would have been late for if I went that extra distance (odd miles suck because I end up walking a mile back to the start) and 2) I needed water. The only time I have is from the 6 mile mark, and that is 53:24. So I managed to stay under a 9:00 mi pace, which is good.

So while this is the first time I missed my distance, it's really not because I could not handle it, so I'm not feeling too bad about it. I just need to be more careful with my time and not make commitments that I know will be hard to keep (or just get up and get going a little earlier). Also, I do plan to order one of those Camelbak things to help keep hyrdrated when running since it's only going to get hotter and I'm going to be running much further distances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home