My First Marathon

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Week #3 - Day 1

Started the week a little later than I had planned. I intended to run yesterday, but around 4:30pm there was a torrential storm that dumped about 3 inches of rain in the course of an hour. So I scrapped plans to go to the park and headed for the rec center. I got there just in time to see them close up. Alarms were blaring and they said something about lightning hitting the building. Nice.

So today, I managed to get my run in despite starting over 2 hours late because of a long day at the office. It was hot, humid, and I wasn't in the mood. I struggled through my mere 3 mile run, clocking in at a less than impressive 26:53. I came pretty darn close to quitting, more so than any other time I have run over the past few weeks. I think I just had a bad attitude going into it, and that made it tough and not enjoyable. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home