My First Marathon

Saturday, June 11, 2005

twice in a week?!

I think this might be the first time I've posted twice in a week, which means I actually ran more than once this week! Being incredibly hot yet again, I returned to the rec center and took on the treadmill yet again. Although it was hard to keep going at times, I made it through 3 miles in 30 minutes, and then did another 1/2 mile in 6 minutes. I then walked for a little over a tenth of a mile, before ramping back up to 6.5 to 7 mph and busting through the 4 mile mark. Overall, 4 miles in 41:30. Not too bad. The back pain didn't really bother me too much, and didn't even appear until the 3rd mile. Afterwards, I made a rare visit to the weight room and did a few sets on the back recliner machine in hopes of giving that lower back a little more tolerance. Now I rest for the rest of the day and tomorrow before starting into my real schedule on Monday. Exciting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home