My First Marathon

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Week #1 - Day 2

I managed to find a little bit of spare time today to squeeze in my 2nd overall run. I'm usually not very busy, but there has been a lot going on lately and I can see it's not going to be easy to get my 4 weekly runs in. Especially since it's not very flexible given the recommended rest schedule between runs. It's not like I got bang them out M - Th and be done for the weekend.

Anyways, I went to the rec center right after work (a first for me, which actually worked out well) and hopped on one of the big treadmills, got the tunes turned up and got going. Through most of my workout, I didn't think that I was going to make it through, but I took it one mile at a time, and by the time I got past the third mile, I knew I was gonna go for it. And I did. Four miles in 39:24. Not too bad. I'm looking to get my third run in tomorrow after work, and then likely try to venture outdoors on Saturday for the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home