My First Marathon

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Week #2 - Day 3

Got my last run in today before Sunday's 10k. A 3-miler which I completed in 26:24 (about 8:48 pace, my best yet). I know that running outdoors has been much better for me than the treadmill as I have control over my pace instead of a machine. But with the temperatures looking to be stuck near 90 for the foreseeable future, it is going to be hard to keep outdoors.

Today also marked the first time I ran without my headphones. A lot of things I read say to not run with headphones, but I don't see any harm to it. It was definitely a different experience for me today. On the one hand I found myself paying closer attention to my form and my breathing, which is a good thing. But on the other hand, my mind was way more active. I guess the music usually dulls the voices in my head, but without it, I'm left with my thoughts, which can be a bad thing. So 2 days rest before the big 10k. Looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home