My First Marathon

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Week #3 - Day 3

I had hoped to get my 3rd run of the week in yesterday, but I did not get out of work early as I had planned, and did not want to put in the time. So, I did run 3 today and (despite my book advising a day of rest before and after the long run) am planning to get my long run in tomorrow. So I headed down to the towpath as it was a beautiful day outside, 75 degrees and mostly sunny. Headed south and finished my 3 miles in 25:41 (8:34 mi pace), my best time yet. I didn't feel that great, but I got it done. For the first time, my thighs hurt while running, so I'm wondering if that was because of bad stretching. I did some sprints while walking the 4th mile, and actually felt better than my regular run, so I guess I should think about doing more to warm up and get loose.

After my run, I walked back to my car and busted out my brand new bike for my first ride in I can't even remember how many years...and it was fun! I got in a leisurely 6 mile ride and managed to not fall over, hit anybody, or run off the towpath. It was hard to supress the urge to ride longer, but I knew my legs would probably not be too happy tomorrow if I did that. So I'm hoping to start mixing in some bike riding with the running as some "cross training").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home