My First Marathon

Monday, July 11, 2005

Week #5 - Day 1

Headed to the rec center today to do my last Day 1 three miler...well, until weeks 15 & 16. Switched up my routine a bit today and went later in the evening, after dinner. Unfortunately that seemed like a mistake as I started getting some stomach cramps late in my run. I started about an hour and a half after my dinner, but I either should have eaten less or started later. But I managed to get a decent time of 25:25 (8:28 mile pace). When I'm running at the pace I think I run outside, it seems much faster on the treadmill. I kept a good pace (about 8:30) for the first couple of miles but had to slow down as I was getting worn out, before I sped up for the last .2 miles. Tomorrow or Wednesday I will probably do my 5 miler, then do the 3 miler on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home