My First Marathon

Monday, July 18, 2005

Week #6 - Day 1

Today was my first increased distance "short run", going from 3 to 4 miles. Conditions were just as crappy as they have been the last few weeks. I think the heat index hit 95 today, and it felt like the rainforest with the humidity. I was looking for a little variety, so I headed north on the towpath. I made an effort to slow myself down the first mile as I have a tendency to run my fastest mile on the first. So I think I finished the first in around 8:30, and then was a little slower each mile, with a slight improvement on the final mile because of running to the finish line. In the end, I finished in 34:09 (8:32 mi pace). Not great, but almost 2 minutes better than the last 4 mile run I did a few weeks back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home