My First Marathon

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Week #5 - Day 3

Went from a great run yesterday to a not-so-great run today. I had a rough day at work, so I was not in the best of spirits which I'm starting to honestly believe has a big impact on how I do. The weather was humid and overcast again today as a thunderstorm was approaching. But of course, being the idiot I am, I still went running. I finished my 3 miles in 24:30 (8:10 mi pace). I was disappointed because I wanted to match (or beat) last week's 24:01, but alas I did not. However, that is my 2nd best time.

I avoided the storm while running, but when I started my mile walk back to where I started (I run 2 miles out, and run 1 back) it started raining, harder and harder until it was a total downpour. I ran some of the way back, but I was pretty gassed and I learned, with my rain soaked clothes, what it would be like to run if I was about ten pounds heavier....not easy. Good incentive not to gain any extra pounds. I think I've lost a couple pounds this week. I'm not really looking for much in the weight loss department since I know I need to keep up on my eating to keep my body up to the challenge. But I know I have gained some muscle, so I think some of that fat has disappeared. Rest on Friday and hit the double digits on Saturday with a 10-miler!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home