My First Marathon

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Week #6 - Day 3

Today was my second time with the heart rate monitor, and I basically did my normal pace to see what my rate normally is. And if everything I read is true, I'm training way too hard. I started in the mid 70% range, and slowly climbed up until I was in the low 90%s for most of my last mile. But I keep seeing improvements, so I might keep it up. It took me 34:07 (8:32 mile pace) to complete my 4 mile run today. It was hot and humid, and by the time I finished the sweat was just rolling of me. And there is no real relief in site. The local weather person said Cleveland normally has 8 days of 90 degrees each year. We've already had 16 this year, and it's only mid-July!

Next up is an 11 mile run on Saturday. Going to try to get an early start and avoid some of the hot weather. I think I'm going to try to start at a slower pace and gradually increase over time. I'm still in the habit of having my fastest mile first. Saturday's run will push me past the 100 mile point since I began training 6 weeks ago. Hard to believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home