My First Marathon

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Week #10 - Day 3

No real "day 3" run this week (as recommended in my book), just the long run on Sunday. And boy was it long. I did pretty good for the first 13 miles, but those last 4 miles were tough. My pace was slowly creeping up to the 10 minute mile pace, and hit the 11 minute mark for those last four miles. I ended up finishing in 2:54:07 (10:14 mile). I came the closest to stopping that I had in a long time, but managed to finish it up. The knees hurt pretty bad afterwards, as usual. Not sure of my running plans for next week. I have a 5k Thursday night, so I'm not sure what else I'm going to do for the week besides that.

2 Comments:

  • Hang in there!! Your first marathon is worth the pain. The training is SOO much harder than actually running the race.

    Nice blog.:)

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:42 AM  

  • Did ya know the indians are only 7 back of the Chisox? Go Tribe!!

    By Blogger Mike Overall, at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home