My First Marathon

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Week #11 - Day 1

Another week, another few miles. Hit up the park in Strongville today. Went a different way this time and started at a mile marker, and it ended up being the only one I saw my entire run. So I have no idea how far I went, though I'm pretty sure it was a little beyond the 5 miles that I had planned on doing. I just ran for 25 minutes in one direction and then turned back and ended up running for 51 minutes. So even if I ran a very slow 10 min mile pace, I still managed to get through 5 miles. I kept the run pretty slow today as I wasn't feeling that great. I learned once again that I don't do well when running after a large meal. Also didn't want to burn myself out since I have the Merrill Lynch Bull Run 5k tomorrow evening in Brecksville.

1 Comments:

  • Good luck on your race tomorrow. Here's a link that you can use to measure the distance. The satellite button is cool for park & trail runs.
    http://www.sueandpaul.com/gmapPedometer/

    By Blogger Brad, at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home