My First Marathon

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Week #11 - Day 3

I was hoping to have some momentum carry over from my 5k performance the other day into this week's long run, but it was not meant to be. I started off pretty well, going north on the towpath. But I think I tried pushing myself too hard as my heart rate got pretty high (90% max) and stayed there for most of the run. I could only go 7 miles north as the towpath was closed beyond that, so I turned around and headed back to where I started with the intentions of going beyond and finishing up those last 4 miles to reach 18. But it never happened. I hit the 14 mile mark at 2:14:58 (9:38 mile pace) and kept going about another 1/4 of a mile and stopped. My legs felt like they were about to cramp up and I really didn't feel like I could go much further today. I was rather disappointed, but stuff like this happens. It had been a while since I missed the mark on my long run, but I need to try to not let it get me down.

This coming week, I am going to try to get back to the 4 days of training program. Since I did my long run today, I can run on Monday, and hopefully Tuesday and Thursday before next week's long run of 18 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home