My First Marathon

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Week #15 - Day 1

Today I started into my next to last week of training, another tapering week. My program called for a 3 mile run, so that's what I did. That was the shortest run I have done in months, and since it's getting dark earlier and I'm getting home later from work, I headed up to the rec center to use the treadmill. Of course, I was reminded that I don't really care for running on treadmills (which is bad, since Cleveland winters will necessitate me to use them unless I stop running for 5 months). Also, it was not very cool in there and I was sweating like a pig by the time I was done, which hasn't been a big issue for me running outdoors lately now that the temps are down.

I was still a bit sore from Sunday's half-marathon, so I took it easy and did a straight-up 10:00 mile pace, so I finished my 3 miles in a half hour. At the park it would have been a breeze, but on the treadmill I kept wanting to give up. Thank goodness for TVs at the rec center (and Cleveland Indians games!).

In other news, I added my Personal Bests over on the side by my links. The 10K time is pretty embarassing these days, though I guess it is a good sign of how far I have come in my running since that was back in my second week of training.

Also, the results for the Buckeye Half-Marathon have been posted here. I finished #169 / 450. Not bad. Though I was only #14 / 20 in my age group for men. Looks like it is gonna take a lot of work if I hope to crack the top 3. I have a few more years in this age group, though it's just as hard one level up. Only time will tell where my running career leads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home