My First Marathon

Monday, August 29, 2005

Week #12 - Day 1

After my disappointing outing on Saturday, I felt like I had to prove something to myself today. I started off my five mile run feeling pretty good, so I pushed myself. I finished the first mile in about 7:48. And then I just kept pushing, and pushing. I left the heart rate monitor at home today, so it was just me and my watch. In the end, I had my best training run ever. Five miles in 38:53 (7:46 mile pace). That's just a second off my pace from last week's 5K (3.1 miles). Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with my performance. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I'm not going to go out and try to repeat this every day because I know training so hard will end up hurting me. But it was nice to have this one day to make me feel back on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home