My First Marathon

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Week #13 - Day 2

Went to the towpath today for my 8 mile run. Headed north and went 4 miles and back. Finished in 70:58 (8:52 mile pace). Left the heart rate monitor at home again this time, so I probably pushed myself a little harder than I should have. I was feeling pretty winded during part of the run, but did not feel much soreness or anything afterwards. Weather was nice. Hopefully it will be like this from here on out. 23 days to go until the Akron Marathon!

2 Comments:

  • Good luck @ Akron man. Sounds like your training is coming along. This will be my third year doing it. I have to say it's one of the best marathons around.

    By Blogger Mike, at 4:31 PM  

  • I read through many of your early entries up to the most recent. Amazing progress you have made already toward achieving your goal! Would have been great if I had kept a blog for my first marathon. I'll bet you find it helps keeping your focus. Best of luck to you. A first marathon is a life-changing experience.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home