My First Marathon

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Week #15 - Day 3

Well, today was it. The last long run before the marathon. Just an 8 miler, but it was not easy for me. I guess it was just an off day. I went to the towpath and struggled along, finishing in 1:13:09 (9:09 mile pace). It was not easy and I'm not really sure the cause of it. Might be that it was in the early afternoon which is a very odd running time for me. And it had been a while since breakfast. Also, it was in the upper 70s and sunny today which is different than what I've gotten used to running in for the past few weeks. I'm not too concerned though, last Sunday's half-marathon went well and I had a great run on Wednesday.

So, the next week will see me do just a couple of 3 mile runs in preparation for Saturday's Akron Marathon. I just got my information packet in the mail today, so that was pretty exciting. They also have this cool tracking system where I can signup friends & family to get emails/text messages/voice messages informing them of my progress at each mile. So let me know if anyone wants me to sign them up. Under 7 days to go....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home