My First Marathon

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Week #16 - Day 1

This is it, the week of the marathon. Just over 3 days from now! Did a nice, short run today of about 3 miles. I really wanted to keep it relaxed, so I just started running and went for just over 30 minutes. It was kind of nice to not be my usual retentive self, starting exactly at the mile markers and making my distances exact. The run went very well, though I did have some stiffness and some knee pain during and after the runs. Even though I made it through the half-marathon 2 weeks ago without major issues, I'm still concerned that I could encounter a problem like a did a few weeks ago when I was scheduled to do 20 miles but pulled up after 11 because of some hip pains. Not to mention the fact that I've had an annoying chest cough that has popped up just in the past couple of days. I really hope nothing pops up in the next couple of days to ruin the nearly 6 months of work that I have put in to do this. But worrying about uncontrollable stuff like that is only going to stress me out and make it more likely to happen. So I might try to get a few miles in tomorrow and then take Thursday & Friday off so I'll be all rested up for Saturday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home